Tuesday 24 May 2011

I think I'm in love...

with Woody Allen, well maybe just his movies. I may also love Scarlett Johansson more than Natalie Portman now.  Over the past month or so I have watched Annie Hall, Scoop, Match Point, and Vicky Christina Barcelona, all of which I have seen, all of which I love.
We both played the clarinet...it's meant to be...
However, I do have my doubts about the casting in the upcoming Woody movie, Midnight in Paris.  I love him in Royal Tennenbaums and Bottle Rockets, but I am having a hard time placing Owen Wilson with the Woody humour.  I mean Royal Tenenbaums (my all-time favorite movie) is dark humour as is Bottle Rockets, but Own has long since distanced himself from respectable dark humour and moved onto slap the knee chic flicks.  Can you go from Royal Tenenbaums to Drillbit Taylor to Midnight in Paris...we will see...




1 comment:

  1. Allen is in my top 4 directors. Even his pups are better than most other movies (and I enjoyed Scoop, in spite of the dodgy reviews). Johansson of course is Not of This World, in spite of her severe Shape Adjustments a la all other Hollywood actors. Her finest moment of course was Lost in Translation. Portman in Garden State is close though....

    ReplyDelete